Thread: Eyeglasses
View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Oakley frames are fine and progressive lenses are great - that’s probably what your getting. The digital refers to the grinding of the lens surfaces.

Your lenses certainly won’t be indestructible. And many of the anti-reflective coating don’t like certain alcohols that are in certain liquid cleansers. W/O knowing your Rx, there is a technique and time-frame for getting used to progressive lenses.

The office where u got your glasses probably sent out to a lab to have the lenses shaped and inserted into the frame. That’s why two weeks, unless u have a very unusual Rx.
If you get your frames and they fit comfortably and within a day or two your lenses start to lose any of the distortion that accompanies new progressives and you can go from distance viewing to reading with just a movement of your head then you know you have a nice pair of eyeglasses.

I wear KameMannen metal frames and progressive lenses - my shop orders surfaced lenses from a lab and edges/shapes the lenses at the shop for insertion into the frame.

I go to an independent optical shop in PA. The owner is a licensed optician with an Associates Degree in opticianry and contact dispensing. His mother was an optician and grandparents back in Germany go back a few generations of being guilded opticians.
Appreciate 0