05-18-2021, 07:39 PM   #469
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Perhaps this discussion here is relevant to the s58, the G8X and lag.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1819452
akkando

Of course, Bimmerpost is like any other forum of public opinion . . . everyone entitled to express their opinion on topics at hand. I respect that and only offer my own opinion based on my experiences.

You know my experiences, which recently include some Porsche turbo offerings, as well as the M2C S55 . . . all said, if the S58 suffers turbo lag, then there is no hope in the world that any turbo will ever suffice.

Of course, my reference to the S58 is from the perspective of well over 1,000 miles of G80 M3C seat time, and I have no idea how BMW engineers tuned the S58 or how it responds to the likes of an X3M Competition chassis.

I will close by stating this forum is plagued by pundits - not stating you are one of them - who bitch and moan in anticipation of what is coming, as well as after whatever model in reference is released. I already stated I will likely not get the G87 because I do not believe the move would represent an 'upgrade' in overall performance that is my central focus. Conversely, I have no doubt the G87 will be an incredible encore to the F87, worthy of transition.

In short, although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am going to do my part to detract from pundits who are trying to dispel S58 performance; ZF8 performance; carbon fiber bucket seats that will presumably be available as an option with G87; G87 anticipated size/weight; etc.

The G87 will not be perfect. No car is perfect. However, you can bet dollars to donuts that BMW engineers are going to produce a special driver's experience when they release the G87.

///AVM
Appreciate 2
W///7494.00
EXE462100.00