View Single Post
      01-22-2024, 12:49 AM   #56
nu2M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M3 Competition xDriv

I took delivery of my G80 Comp xDrive 6 months ago. It’s my DD. I’m no longer a loud exhaust type but the G80 is too quiet and driving it wasn’t very exciting for me. Recently, I’ve installed a valve controller and it transformed the exhaust note to my liking. Being my DD, I didn’t want a loud after market exhaust and the fully opened stock exhaust notes are what I was looking for.
Do I plan on keeping the G80? After 2-3 years, it will probably go. I haven’t kept a car for more than 3 years as I get the itch for a new ride every couple of years. My current toy is the only car that I plan on keeping for the unseeable future but my wife has her doubts, lol. Having said that, if I can have only one car (family + fun car), the M3CX would be one of the top contenders. The one very minor gripe about the M3 that I have is the slight turbo lag. All turbos have lag, I know, but it’s more noticeable on the G80, IMO. The 991.2GTS was a bit more dialed in as are most P-cars. My next plan is to buy a 992.x TTS/TT and use my Macan GTS as the DD. At the end of the day, it’s just personal taste. Yes, first world dilemma indeed!
Appreciate 0