SintAFM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbinwilliams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SintAFM View Post
Resurrecting this thread for any other input/opinions. Tried to schedule an appt for next week and then dealership called and said they were backed up to eternity and can't get me in until the 24th.

I'm currently at ~1100 miles and usually put about 40 miles a day on my car commuting and driving. I'll estimate being around 1800 miles by the time they can get me... maybe ~1600 if I'm very conservative, switch up my routine a bit, and ask my wife to drive on joint ventures.

Is there any hard documentation for warranty issues or is it all word of mouth? Plan on keeping the car so I'm not too worried about resale issues
I've seen 2 posts on this forum. First guy claimed that he didn't get the break-in service done before the 1200 mile mark on his new F80 and when he went to buy the vehicle at the end of his lease they wouldn't sell him the extended warranty and claimed it was voided by him missing the 1200 mile service. Today I saw a second guy post his service advisor said "Do not miss the break in service" other than that, I know of no other issues. I guess it is all dependent if you plan to buy extended warranty at the end of your lease, if you keep your vehicle.
I'm financing and don't plan on doing extended warranty. Guess it will be what it is :
Appreciate 0