View Single Post
      09-21-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Pistolerom5
Rep
Drives: BMW e36 M3, G80 M3 Competition

First track event with my G80 M3 Comp

Got a chance to run my m3 at the local track this past weekend. Oh wow, I am impressed that such a big heavy car can do so much so well. Acceleration is strong, pulls hard out of corners. Brakes are firm and fade free. Trail braking is a breeze. Turn in is immediate and transitions are super quick with barely any scrubbing. The car corners so well for a 3800 lbs heavy weight. The carbon seats were amazing, held me in place. Engine and Exhaust sounds good, even though I think most of it is fake noise from the speakers.

The not so good, tire wear is pretty significant. Fuel consumption is scary, have to fill up after 2 sessions. Tank was full, did about 24 laps and computer said 20 miles remaining. I used 5 tanks of gas to commute to track and did about 60 laps. That’s like 2 mpg. Could also use a louder exhaust. Also, the front proximity sensors kept going off every time I braked with a car in front and one time it slammed on the brakes on its own. Super annoying.

Here is a video.

Question to those that track.
1.What tire pressures are you running, I was at 28psi cold, and after a session, tires are at 38psi and about 190 degF.

2.Worth going to stainless steel brake line? Pedal pressure is good with no fade. Also worth going to a more track focused pad?

3.Running stock wheel set up, was thinking about going to a square set up to facilitate rotation, would a square set up work? That is, I’d buy 2 rear wheels for the front.

4.anyway to turn off the brake proximity warning and intervention? It’s super annoying for it to chime every time I go into a corner with a car in front of me. And one time, it auto braked as it must have sensed too high a closing speed.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Appreciate 0