///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
If i may ask: Knowing to rev-match what's the point to have one?
It's a habit where you don't even think, you just do it. It's programmed in your subconscious mind. Which means you are doing it without knowing it!
Ultimately the "heal/toe" technique is a racing technique that is required and regularly used on the race track (I race a Spec E46 so I am familiar). That said it is not really necessary or required in 95% of street driving.

For me personally, with my size 13 feet, the only time I feel totally comfortable heal/toeing is under threshold or at least hard braking (I lift my heal rather than roll my foot), and it usually requires the use of driving shoes. I guess one could argue that is a technique issue, but once again I do not see the need to pretend I am a race car driver on the street.

For me being able to still have the control of the clutch and ability to select the gears myself is all the satisfaction I need and hearing the car perfectly rev match for me is actually satisfying. Yes there are rare occurrences on the street where I want to do it myself and on the track I would like to have that option in a mode other than sport plus, but I think it is a great feature that should continue but should have an on and off option no matter the mode.
I use heal/toe mainly in higher revs on track for example. On the street you let the rev go down and you don't drop the clutch.
Some people call it blip because besides heal/toe downshifting you can blip the throttle when down shift without touching the brake or up shift to rev match.
I guess it's nice to have the option for most people but like to have it to be turned off.
Pic18303.50
M 4EVER191.00