View Single Post
      04-01-2022, 01:55 AM   #17
SexyRoger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfreebooter View Post
install took about 3-3.5 hours with pizza+beer and waiting on a 13mm deep socket (needed for the midpipe -> downpipe connection). cutting the akrapovic titanium pipes flatten sawzall blade, lol.

bought my PSI midpipe back in october, i had zero clearance issues with the center brace, so happy about that.

the only real issue is the valve controller cable length. because the akrapovic exhaust valves are much, much closer to the rear of the car, the stock cables 1000% do not reach, with the VSC-2 controller, we were able to make it reach, but man i really would like to find a set of extension cables.. anyone know??

Driving Experience / Review

put about ~50 miles on it so far.

i had to bimmercode out active sound (ASD). with the valves fully open and ASD on, it actually hurt my ears inside the cabin.

Valves closed, its incredibly tame and civil, zero drone, comfortable at any driving speeds.

Sport+ and valves in factory settings, the exhaust is loud, but noticeably linear in terms of noise to throttle/speed. This is still great for spirited driving or just enjoying the car.

VSC-2 controller in open setting, meaning valves 100% open 100% of the time, there is considerable drone < 4k RPM, its loud, feels like the sound comes right through my skull, lol. This is only for very very spirited or track driving, where you are wearing earplugs and a helmet, IMHO. too much drone or just too loud.

the distinct sounds between valves open and closed is very much appreciated. i also didn't think i could get that deep of a sound out of a straight 6 either. very happy overall.
Sounds horrible. It needs the longer S pipe to fix the flatulance noise.
Appreciate 3
///M TOWN16068.00
Wes335XI107.00
tooshay312.50