Theoskay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoskay View Post
So my individual order M4 Competition X-drive is days away from arriving at port and I am now realizing the 826M bi-colors were ordered instead of the 825 bi-colors.

For context, my whole deposit/allocation/build process was a nightmare to say the least. Rep didn't get back to me for months following my July deposit and just this past Thursday decided to stop dodging me and told me my car is almost here( I had written off the prospects of getting the car completely, so this came as a shock). When I saw the wheels I wasn't happy.

Any advice on what to do? I know it's too late to switch but looking for creative solutions.
I see this is your first post, so i was trying to figure out how you made it all this way, without knowing what wheels were on your car?

It sounds like, if you ordered that long ago, your dealer could have possibly not had an allocation right away. You would have ordered the car and left with a production number. Which you create an account on BMW USA and enter your production number in to MyGarage, and it shows you everything you ordered. See Pic Below. As you can see, you can track the entire build process, and you can even find out what vessel your car is shipped on, where it is, on the ocean, when it arrives at the port, and when its in route to the dealer, all without calling anyone. I ordered in July, and just received my car on the 19th, but I talked to my dealer 2-3 times in 3 months.

Id have to agree with everyone else, try posting them, online to see if someone is willing to trade with you.
Left the dealership before they had allocation so next steps were for the rep to let me know if/when they got allocation and if/when my order would go through. Followed up a bunch and as I mentioned in the original post, guy dodged me for MONTHS, so I wrote off the whole thing and figured I wasn't getting a car.

Should be noted that I didn't grace upon this great forum until recently and even know about the online tracking as I'm a first time BMW owner (to-be).
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00