12-28-2021, 03:49 PM   #32
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
How many miles have you put on the Akrapovic exhaust?

I've heard it sounds better after putting in X amount of miles for breakin. Right now it sounds very close to stock exhaust.
I have about 1500 miles now on it, and it has become a tad louder than the video.

When first installed it was close to stock but the sound really changed over about 1000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Seems like the video clips have been craftily edited.
Audio no, not sure what you mean....to make a video we edit the video footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Those who love Akra (Ive had a few on my M's) know about the quality and the sound vs the price.... Here we probably still have quality and the price but missing the sound enhancements.

The value prop on this exhaust is out the window.
Value isn't a factor normally with Akrapovic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
I would like to know who from all these companies are signing off on these terrible full exhausts setup. Are they trying to be the first to the market and they put out whatever garbage they have produced? Not being biased, but I haven't heard a single decent exhaust from any manufacturer but Remus. Below is a short list of exhausts and what I think about them.

Armytrix - Rasp city, probably the worst sounding exhaust. Might as well buy a weed whacker and install it on your car. You'll get the same sound.

Akrapovic - Expensive and sounds just like stock. Are they even trying?

MPE - Sounds similar to stock, expensive, and don't like the stacked tips

FI - Another raspy exhaust, were probably influenced by Armytrix

Valvetronic - sounds worst than their midpipe, it's definitely quieter. Valevetronic claims this is the best sounding exhaust (maybe in their own little world)

I refused to buy only a midpipe when I can get the same sound by taking it to a muffler shop and get it done for much cheaper.

I'm patiently waiting for Remus, hopefully the wait will be well worth it.
I would say to hear all the exhausts IN PERSON before you make a definitive list of what sounds like what, and which ones you like. The camera and microphones and talent really comes into play on the way the sound is heard on camera so it is not fair to assess this based on the video alone.

Alot of the exhaust you name I have heard and do not agree at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Well, the one takeaway from this video for me is that I've been pronouncing Akrapovic incorrectly all this time. Other than that, doesn't sound good enough to justify the price.
That's a great takeaway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
I don't know what they did with chamber volume but it makes the burbles sound like a GTI with a pop crackle tune. Maybe this would sound good with catless DP’s, but with the factory cats it's a swing and a miss... And for the price it better shit gold.

I'm still standing by my belief that if you drive with the valves open there's no reason to go with anything more than a midpipe. The factory muffler is already straight through outside of a resonated section past the valve with them open. I'd still be interested to see what the stock exhaust sounds like with high flows and no secondaries.
I think the mid pipe does wonders for this chassis, but this Akrapovic muffler finishes the G8x in the rear unlike any other, and with the diffuser it looks like something from BMW M directly.
Appreciate 0