View Single Post
      03-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #18
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post

On the other side, I think ID8 won't happen that soon on G8X, at least not with the single display layout, it is never mentioned in any talks about what models will receive it...
IMO I believe the new dash won't find its way into the M cars so soon or at all...as those are still more driver focused cars, where ID8 clearly is not focusing on, here I see a similarity to Mercedes, the C63 as an example never received the new curved dash despite facelifts after the dash had been introduced to other models...instead it gets the complete new layout now introduced with the S class.
Unfortunately ynguldyn confirmed in this thread that the G8X LCI will get ID8 at the exact same time as the G20 LCI which is 07/22.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1804702

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
However, since ynguldyn left the M quartet out of that update, there's some ambiguity. While I agree that the simplest answer is G80 gets it 7/22, G82/G83 get it 3/23, it would be great to get confirmation of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
You have it. I simply assumed that was obvious.
So unless ynguldyn is wrong,the G80,G82,G83 and even the G87 when it is released will all get screwed and have the new ID8 screen layout.The latest G87 spy pics also show it having the new screen.I really don’t know what i am going to do because as much as i probably will want to get the G87,i don’t know if i will be able to look at that terrible looking screen every time i drive the car.

Here is a pic of the ID8 screen in the G87.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0