View Single Post
      03-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #15
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Agree on lot of points you made... but I think the M2 is the worst example of a typical life cycle of a BMW model ...

The switch to S55 probably would have never happened if the new regulations didn't kicked the other engine out...so probably not even BMW knew this when working on the OG M2...

On the other side, I think ID8 won't happen that soon on G8X, at least not with the single display layout, it is never mentioned in any talks about what models will receive it...
IMO I believe the new dash won't find its way into the M cars so soon or at all...as those are still more driver focused cars, where ID8 clearly is not focusing on, here I see a similarity to Mercedes, the C63 as an example never received the new curved dash despite facelifts after the dash had been introduced to other models...instead it gets the complete new layout now introduced with the S class.
I believe the reliable source here already mentioned the ID8 implementation with the G20 LCI. The IDrive upgrade for BMW is a universal thing, once it's out, eveything (almost) BMW makes gets it.