View Single Post
      02-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #15
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Having worked in various Federal Agencies and having had various issues pop up during my career, the bulk of my communication is email. The reason? All statements are documented. It's sad and a sign of the times when your word doesn't mean $hit. When I do have an important conversation on the phone where the potential to have things go sideways in a very bad way, I always follow up with an email re-iterating what was said and asking for concurrence.

As to social media (BTW I so hate hearing it being spoken), it's also a sign of people's lack of self control and social grace. It's a tool which many can't use properly. I compare it to credit cards. Plenty people say credit cards are evil but those are from people with zero self control. I have a Facebook account. I post occasionally. The only things on my page are things that make me happy and would also make others happy. I post up pics of my daughter and places I've been. I'll also throw up funny pictures which are non controversial. I roll my eyes when I see people get all bent out of shape with politics and other matters. I've seen a marriage fail partially due to the couple going at it on Facebook.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15762.50
mkoesel7514.50