10-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #173
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
I purchased a 2015 Mercedes Vito Van, brand new model (in the US it's a Metris i believe) and I expected to have teething problems. I hadn't even made it home and already no 5th/6th gear, no iPhone compatibility and over the coming months a load of major issues that I won't go into. However, I had already waited several years for the model update and it's for my business.
The LCI updates on the F82 (drivetrain aside) were just BMW holding back things, like way back in the E46 platform (rear LED rear lights as an example, couldn't believe it when I picked up my 2015 M4 and it had bulbs)
My point: I agree if you have the very first Run of a new model you'll likely have issues, but to wait for a year or 2 for LCI model, you might be dead by then.
Sorry, but just like an iPhone, if it does what you want when you buy it great, but already out of date.
We are always going to want the latest thing and the manufactures know that it's business, but sometimes you have to look at the time you'll never get back right?
Still pissed that my first M4 had bulbs for rear lights, but I kicked its arse for 3 years and that's priceless....
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 0