10-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #158
kyleguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63S AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
To be honest, it's way to early to be panicking/paranoid. We don't know what the nature of the recall is yet. Could be a very specific bad batch of parts, that have been identified hence why not everyone is effected even in time period listed. Could be improper build of motors. Considering its only listed between a very narrow time period. It leads me to believe it's not an overall flaw with components of the motor. The 2021 models have been being built prior to this and none are named in the recall.

Hopefully clarification will be provided into next week, it sucks that the information was dropped on a Friday from what appears to be a "leak" and nothing offical from BMW yet.

I'm hoping for the best possible outcome. I know some people were already waiting on their cars, who already had stop sales and now they are hit with this as well.
It's not a leak, and it's official. A dealer tried to sell me an in stock M3 yesterday, I looked up the VIN, saw it was affected by the main bearing issue, told them about the issue, they checked their systems, and their day was ruined as the stop sale was confirmed and they can't sell the vehicle.
Appreciate 4
Ibiza3612.50
f82fanatic1043.00