11-03-2023, 02:01 PM   #81
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
Read up on the Misthimoto before dropping 400+. You have to remove the rubber deflector which BMW has said keeps the air from getting to the cooler as designed. With the ZunSport you only replace 2 screws and add 2 more. I also noted that I spoke to my son who is big into all things BMW and he says Mishimoto quality has gone down. Even one member here noted when his arrived it was bent.

I have zero experience with Mishimoto so take what I say with a grain on salt.

The ZunSport seems sturdy enough. Is it a hulking piece of steel, no. Is it a piece of chicken wire, no. Will it protect good enough? Time will tell. I think if I was lowered it would be more imperative but it just seems dumb to put an exposed oil cooler in that location.
You remove it from the stock plate but you add it to the Mishimoto plate, it's not gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Offers more protection? Lol. Maybe you should put some chicken wire.
Good luck.
I don't know why you're getting so defensive over this. Just look at the two products. The mishimoto is large cutouts while the Zunsport has a finer mesh that will prevent more finer rocks from getting through the grate. It's also cheaper and has a smaller footprint.
Appreciate 0