01-18-2024, 01:31 AM   #28
COBMW144
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
They squeal and grone at normal stops in traffic. It’s not the whole time. The last 20’-30’ below 15mph. Super embarrassing to pull up to a light with the noise. Your nice car is instantly a POS.
They are fine hot. It’s only in traffic or urban stop light to stop light.

I’ve bedded them in countless times and they stay quiet for a day or two. IMO BMW needs to install different pads for street driving. These pads are definitely designed for track use. How often does that happen?
Unfortunately, this isn't what I've been experiencing. For the most part, the CCB's have been quieter than the steel brakes on my last M3. My problem is a knocking noise coming from the rear passenger side when driving over damaged or poirly maintained roads. I first thought it was suspension related but after two trips to the dealership they couldn't find where it was coming from. I finally realized it is very likely the brake pads knocking around since slight pressure on the brake pedal makes it stop. I brought it back to the dealership again and explained this to them only to be told it's normal for CCB's to make some noise. Well, not this noise. When I bring it back in for it's break in I'm going to push for pad and/or bracket replacement.
Appreciate 1
Hit_Apex2393.00