Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Hmm I should put my deposit down now. But to be honest, I would only buy it if the weight goes down significantly. Currently it's so heavy. Even a 200lbs diet from its current weight is still too heavy for a CSL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermarc View Post
Probably a 100k base price
Highly doubt it will be that cheap.

F82 M4CS base was $104,095
F82 M4GTS base was $133,205

I would hope the CSL also has a roll cage, carbon buckets, adjustable dampers, etc., which means the price tag should be at or beyond that of the previous gen GTS.

I would hope they keep the CS at or below the $100k mark, though I would love for them to be priced around $120k once loaded up again and sit on the lots untouched for several months. The timing will work out to be able to steal one of those when my current steal of a lease is due up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
So many comments about stick it's hard to believe people are still stuck there. Was the E46 CSL stick? Was the E92 GTS? Was the F82 GTS? Was the F80/82 CS? And back in those eras manuals were more common and widely available. So making comments here in 2021 about this car and "will it be stick" is pretty clueless. The real issue with this entire platform is the lack of DCT but that has been discussed far too much already. The questions I have are will there be a CS and CSL? If not there goes BMW creating confusion again right when we thought it would be Base-Comp-CS-CSL. The second question for CS and CSL is about weight. Let's hope they shed some.
I agree with you on manual comments. Been driving manual for 10 years and track my car quite a bit. If we're talking about a car to be used on track I think DCT or similarly quick auto transmission is the way to go as it's one less thing to think about and shifts faster. I'm honestly shocked there is any expectation for this car to have a manual at this point.
Appreciate 0