07-26-2022, 07:34 AM   #87
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myopik View Post
Hey Bri,

I know this is an older post but how has their car been and if you could do ita gain how would you spec your IOMG MT M3?
It's been entirely great. Other than discovering that my high-center brake light was unplugged (easy fix), I've had zero issues. It's taken every bit of cargo I needed it to carry, including multiple passengers, and it's been a blast to drive. I have a difficult time coming up with any real negatives about the car, which is pretty surprising for me at almost 17 months of ownership since I've had a laundry list of negatives with every other car I've owned in the last 10 or 20 years, including my M2C.

Any initial misgivings I had about this particular manual faded over time. The unit itself had a clear "break-in" period and it didn't take long for my reflexes to sync with it. It still isn't the best manual I've ever driven, but it's fine and dandy in its own way. The only downside is that it makes me angry that I wasted 8 years trying to be OK with automatics (and DCT's).

The only other cars that really interest me as a "one-car solution" in the same way that my car has proven itself to be are the Blackwing 6MT siblings but they both have significant negatives for me (the backseats are smaller in the CT4 and I carry passengers often, and the CT5 is too big for my side of the garage, among other negatives).

I think if I had to spec out a new one, the only changes I'd make to what I currently have would be interior/exterior color (I love IOMG and the black interior is fine, but I probably wouldn't do the same colors twice), and I would spring for Full Leather and possibly the carbon exterior pack. I wouldn't get the carbon buckets, I love my seats. It's also possible that I'd just do Red over Black and not change ANY options to keep the cost down. I haven't felt like I'm missing anything and my car's MSRP is 25% lower than a lot of the cars our fine G8x friends own...and that's not a bad thing at all.
Appreciate 2