04-16-2021, 08:08 PM   #18
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
I stopped watching around #5. After watching this trailer, we're supposed to expect Han came back from the dead and Dom & Mia have a secret brother (where family is everything), that's never been mentioned once. W/Dom's background and them losing their dad, they definitely would have mentioned a brother in the story.

Besides all the unrealistic shit they do now, we're also supposed to assume that Dom has learned tactical defenses (where he reverses the grip on the pistol from Cena in the trailer).

Well, since you can't see Cena, maybe that's why we've never seen him for all these years, and it does make sense after all...

Many of these points are the reasons I wrote off the franchise after 7. They should have never brought back Han despite being a franchise favorite, they should have never tried to replace Paul Walker with Scott eastwood, and what's with recruiting wrestlers for every movie? I was skeptical of Dwayne Johnson but I ended up liking his character, but coming up with a brother and filling the WWF void with Cena is so tacky.

The franchise became over the top but it was at least entertaining until 8. What a train wreck.

Get rid of Scott eastwood, it's an insult to Paul Walker. The only character worth bringing back is Lucas Black. I know he's not everyone's favorite, but he's the only character who hasn't come back in a main cast role from the first 3 movies. And at least he would make sense to fill the gap in Toretto's crew that so obviously needs to be filled.