View Single Post
      02-17-2024, 09:46 PM   #5
MooseOnTheLoose
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

New member, hopefully an appropriate place to ask this.

Between my 17 year old S2000 and my similarly aging minivan, I haven't talked with dealerships in a long while, so I was wondering what the situation was like these days when it comes to M4's in and around GTA.

Kids are older now, so minivan can go and I'm thinking of treating myself to a manual M4. Do dealers have allocations? What's the process like these days? MSRP? Markups? Discounts? Any dealers better to deal with in particular?

I ask because I had kind of an unpleasant interaction with a local dealer over the phone. I saw they had a pre-owned M3 on the lot and I called to inquire about possibly taking it for a brief test drive to get a sense for the car and was met with something along the lines of "we only allow test drives once papers are signed and it's 400hp, so we don't let uninitiated touch these cars". I thanked him for his time, but it left a sour taste in my mouth. Is every dealer like that these guys or did I just get lucky?

Anyway, would appreciate any tips on your recent experiences and what sort of luck you had with dealerships. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0