United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone actually sat down with a dealer to discuss these predictions/rumours/prospects? If a LCI (potentially for the G80 at least) is arriving as soon as next summer, it's kind of astonishing that concrete details of amendments are still under wraps or yet to be nailed down.
I don't know how it works in the UK, but US dealers are often less well-informed than most enthusiasts. When a high-visibility new model is on the horizon (e.g. Z06), then dealers start taking orders well in advance, and details start trickling in. But LCI's are typically minor aesthetic updates that don't really warrant a lot of attention, and obviously dealers are more incentivized to try selling existing inventory rather than worrying about what's coming in 6/9/12 months.

I remember in the Spring of 2015, with the F30 340i on the horizon (replacing the 335i), I contacted multiple dealers about placing a deposit for the 2016 model, and while one or two of them knew about its arrival, others were clueless.
Yeah, I was in the business in the late 90s - early 00s and most people were in it because the money was good, and hardly knew anything about cars. Few of us were enthusiasts as well.
Appreciate 0