Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Not as good in weight, price higher, speed is on par, looks many agree not as good, and ZF8 not as good as DCT for non manual driver's. These are pretty fundamental evaluation criteria for an emotional purchase. BMW clearly betting that non BMW converts and new buyers will offset any loss of repeat buyers for whom these criteria dominate. I suspect they'll be proven right.
From my recollection of the reviews, the ZF8 is clearly not as good as DCT. But there doesn't appear to exist a better choice for a 4 door 5 seater car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
Not as good in weight, price higher, speed is on par, looks many agree not as good, and ZF8 not as good as DCT for non manual driver's. These are pretty fundamental evaluation criteria for an emotional purchase. BMW clearly betting that non BMW converts and new buyers will offset any loss of repeat buyers for whom these criteria dominate. I suspect they'll be proven right.
From my recollection of the reviews, the ZF8 is clearly not as good as DCT. But there doesn't appear to exist a better choice for a 4 door 5 seater car.
You are right. My next other car will only have to be a 4 seater though and that opens up options for at least Porsche PDK.
Appreciate 1
bm323193.50