Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
This is an intellectually dishonest statement. There can not be a discussion of a performance vehicle without taking speed or acceleration into account or we would all be driving BRZ's or Mitata's. A competitive nurburgring time cannot be accomplished by a vehicle that does not perform well in the 1/4 therefore it matters to you. It's one thing to say you have zero interest in drag racing but another to say that 1/4 mile time doesn't matter because it absoultely factors in with we well-rounded performance car which is apparently important to you.
Sorry bud, completely wrong. Track times have nothing to do with how good a car can launch. What matters on track is acceleration from a roll.
Trap speed from 1/4 mile is telling of how much power is actually available as two cars with identical 1/4 mile times and different trap speeds means the car with the faster trap speed is the one that's going to put down more power in all situations outside of launch. It's matters whether you agree or not. 0-60 is a bragging rights measurement but 1/4 time and trap speed is telling of how much power the vehicle is packing.
Yes, I agree. 1/4 mile trap speed is relevant as it is indicative of top end acceleration potential. But I haven't seen trap speed mentioned thus far, the thread title is about 0-60mph TIMES and 1/4 mile TIMES. You were even specific about quarter mile TIME in the post I replied to. All those are mainly about having a good launch, which is irrelevant to lap times, exactly as I have stated.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black

Last edited by CanAutM3; 12-12-2020 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0