Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Thats true, I live in Virginia and I am sure dealers will sell more xdrives due to our unpredictable weather. Also performance wise i am sure that will be a decision factor.
Im in this dilemma myself where Im thinking about xdrive for weather reasons. the car comes with sport 4s tires though which means id have to buy a set of winter tires even with xdrive and if im buying a set of winter tires anyway rwd would be fine lol I have an M240i xdrive now and got caught in a snowstorm or two with my MPSS tires and it was absolutely terrifying. Xdrive cannot save you when you have zero traction haha Its probably gonna come down to the additional cost of xdrive...if its 3k or less id go for it but i wouldnt be surprised if it was like 5k
I imagine the AWDs will have an option to come from the factory with All Seasons on them. I'll probably still augment those with a set of proper winter tires though.
Almost certain there will be no all season option for the M3/M4 awd. Awd is intended as a performance benefit so they would not hamper any M car with inferior grip tires from the factory.
Some data points
-M5/m8 awd and no all season option
-Even more relevant to confirming you won't see any M car with all seasons, X3M and X5M are awd suvs and still no all season tire option
Appreciate 0