10-09-2021, 04:01 AM   #139
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I read that in an earlier post, but I also eluded to a situation I was in, when I had a car that had 800 miles on it, and the same thing happened, my VIN wasn't named, and it left me stranded with a high pressure fuel pump failure, even though my VIN wasn't part of the recall. Its just hard to say if I trust it. Now if I want to tune this thing, this will always be in the back of my mind as an issue.
To be honest, it's way to early to be panicking/paranoid. We don't know what the nature of the recall is yet. Could be a very specific bad batch of parts, that have been identified hence why not everyone is effected even in time period listed. Could be improper build of motors. Considering its only listed between a very narrow time period. It leads me to believe it's not an overall flaw with components of the motor. The 2021 models have been being built prior to this and none are named in the recall.

Hopefully clarification will be provided into next week, it sucks that the information was dropped on a Friday from what appears to be a "leak" and nothing offical from BMW yet.

I'm hoping for the best possible outcome. I know some people were already waiting on their cars, who already had stop sales and now they are hit with this as well.
Appreciate 4
Limegrntaln13477.50
Sbm007613.50
chicagofan0019155.00
kyleb350423.50