View Single Post
      03-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #9
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
I mean, ceramic coating, which most ppl go for, won't protect you against scratches, road rash, basically anything physical. It's just for chemical protection, some water spot protection, and water beading properties aka easier cleaning.
Absolutely agree. No arguments there.
If you look at the big picture, that's not hugely different from not applying anything to the paint.
Disagree. We've all seen clear coat failure. How does that happen? Don't throw the "it's a lease" argument in here. You're openly admitting you won't' take care of something you're dropping ~$1k/month on and will let the next guy deal with the beat up paint. To each his own if you want to be that person.A corrected, coated, and well maintained car will always be noticeably different from the one who has been "raw dogged". Remember this debate is regarding that specific comment. All verus nothing.
And this is a M3, not an exotic. It's a daily, not something you need to protect and keep hidden away. A lot of ppl are leasing, in which case it makes no sense to spend a few grand to protect the paint on the bank's car.
I commend you on reaching a financial status where a $80k-$100k purchase doesn't seem worthy of protection and upkeep. Most aren't as successful as you so again for the broad majority, I disagree. Detailing industry wouldn't exist or have exponentially grown to this point if there weren't people who treated their M3's as good if not better than exotics.You can learn to do it yourself on various levels of the detailing spectrum or have someone do it for you. You can have a well maintained car without having to drop even $100's of dollars.

And at the end of the day, remember it's a M3-it's meant to be enjoyed and driven and it's a car where you don't necessarily need to be fussy about the condition of the paint.
I agree. Enjoy the crap out of it. Everyone has a choice on how they care for their car. To do nothing (remember "raw doggin") is much different than enjoying it. Many at least go to some length to keep it clean and protect it. The rest is up to time/effort/passion.
Cheers. No hate just presenting my perspective. Remember what we are specifically talking about here. I'm not debating 10%/20%/30%/etc. effort into detailing. All versus nothing is what is in question.
Appreciate 0