Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
I can lend a hand on the install since I have Jerry's on me G83. The install isn't too bad at all. The video above is pretty accurate. I elected to remove the trunk liners on each side but would probably just do what they did to pull back the rearmost portion if I do it again. The reason for that is for the trunk release cable (it gave me fits on my install trying to get it off). The trunk portion is super easy the liner is only held in by the push pins and drops right off once all are removed. from there it's 8mm nuts all around 3 for each side light and 1 for each trunk light. it helps to have a long extension and I found a magnetic tool useful for the forward most side light nut. I basically loosened the nut up completely but then used the magnet tool to finish removing and then reinstall the nut on the threaded shaft
magnet tool similar to this https://www.amazon.com/SE-8036TM-NEW.../dp/B000RB3XBA
the bolt i'm talking about
Thanks for the post. I do remember watching this and wondering about this one in the video that was posted. It looks tricky and you definitely don’t want to drop this one. You may as well order a new nut.

Appreciate 0