View Single Post
      02-26-2023, 03:56 AM   #38
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
They should have swapped the cars round each time, just to normalise any difference in the track surface. Or run two of the same model against each other a few times to see if the track surface made a difference. It looks like it's an airfield track, and if so, then the surface could be pretty patchy with different repairs of different quality at different places.

Even so, it's a very interesting comparison - given the much lower cost of the BMW I would have expected it to lose by a substantial margin. My brother-in-law has the RS4 Avant and even 'though I've owned a number of 3 Series Tourings, I'd have to say that the Audi interior is better, and is probably the only black interior that works for me - I'm not usually a fan of black. AS you can see, I preferred my Tourings in less funereal clothing:

And no, that beige interior didn't show the dirt like you might expect, even when I put my MTB in there:

And interestingly, my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee couldn't fit the MTB inside without taking the front wheel off (the bike, not the car). Which on a bike with hydraulic disc brakes is a pain. Give me a Touring/Avant over an SUV any day...

And finally, no - I'm never going to buy a BMW with the chipmunk grill, so that's the M3 Touring off my list, sadly.

Last edited by msej449; 02-26-2023 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 5
Llarry16613.50
Vervain399.50