Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
10K miles over 9 months (2021 G80 6MT) and there was a very small creak by the AC/screen area at first but that seemed to go away. It no longer happens. No other unwelcome noises.

Added: I hear everything in a car when I'm in it. Every car, every time. That pen jiggling in the rear passenger door? It's getting put away at the next gas station if I have anything to say about it. there's no chance I'm not hearing creaks and rattles in my new car.

YMMV but none of my 3 BMW's (2008 & 2014 3's and 2021 M3) have been noisy cars.
Well good thing for you that you got lucky three times, with three separate generations of BMWs no less. I'm extremely skeptical but don't feel like you have a reason to lie so will just say you must have gotten unbelievably lucky. I'm glad at least a few people don't have to go through the annoyances.

However, the overwhelming amount of comments point to the contrary

For every person that swears theirs are perfect you'll find a lot more who share the exact same opinions as others - even down to similar places where the rattles, creaks, buzzes, etc originate from.

So from that we can conjure up a hypothetical scenario that for every 10 BMWs produced, 1 will be noise free and 9 will be rattle ridden. So you must have gotten one of those lucky ones every single time for each of those three separate generations which is insanely good luck.
That's entirely possible. I can only speak to my own experience. I've never even ridden in someone else's BMW. I only have my own 3 examples to go on but I found them to be excellent and solidly built.

Shortly, I will have my wife's new X3 M40i to add to my experience.

If it helps anyone in any way to get something useful from my opinion, I also have experience with GM's, VW's, and Honda's.

YMMV, of course.
Appreciate 0