09-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #10
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by naywa01 View Post
Well at least they mentioned it. I got a, much more generic, email from BMW UK (as I'm based in the UK) and they didn't even mention the manual.

The content's are posted in another thread I started, so I won't repeat here, but in essence it explicitly talked about the M3 & M4 Coupe Competition no mention at all of any other variant. As we all know by now the Competition is the 510hp version which will be available in RWD (and later AWD) but with 8AT only.

Assuming they haven't intentionally left off the 'base' version from the email this means the UK won't get the manual at all. So at least you'll get the manual option, even if it is "limited production" (whatever that actually means)!

It's worth pointing out for context that the UK market only gets Comp versions of the M5, X3/4M, X5M, M8 (obviously the 'base' M2 was withdrawn, along with the 'base' F80/F82). So there is precedent for this in the current UK product line.
Yea, also same complaint from my Russian friends in the motherland, no regular M5...In Canada from 2021 LCI M5, we are also getting just the competition version of the M5. To be honest, I am completely disappointed with how BMW Canada keeps getting rid of some of the models. Like, what about all the normal people that want a normal M5? Why am I supposed to be forced into buying an M550 when I want a classic M5! I don’t want the dumb blackout trims and a suspension which knocks out your teeth in a process! Why am i supposed pay 7000-8000 extra for some ricer sh*t and a retarded “competition” badge??? Our Canadian roads are really bad, and if anything we should just get a regular M5! How hard is it to let us choose the options we want!? Same thing goes for the M8’s, no more regular models! And now I suspect they will also get rid of the regular M3/M4! What the hell? Arggg...those bloody clueless executive BMW Canada Fockers!!! 🤦*♂️🤷*♂️

Ok, My rant is finished... 😅😅😅
Appreciate 0