naywa01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
I received an email from BMW of Canada about the M3/M4 unveiling on September 23. This email also claims that manuals are going to be “limited production” here.

Anyone heard anything more about this? How and why is it limited? Or is this just another dumb BMW sales pitch?
Well at least they mentioned it. I got a, much more generic, email from BMW UK (as I'm based in the UK) and they didn't even mention the manual.

The content's are posted in another thread I started, so I won't repeat here, but in essence it explicitly talked about the M3 & M4 Coupe Competition no mention at all of any other variant. As we all know by now the Competition is the 510hp version which will be available in RWD (and later AWD) but with 8AT only.

Assuming they haven't intentionally left off the 'base' version from the email this means the UK won't get the manual at all. So at least you'll get the manual option, even if it is "limited production" (whatever that actually means)!

It's worth pointing out for context that the UK market only gets Comp versions of the M5, X3/4M, X5M, M8 (obviously the 'base' M2 was withdrawn, along with the 'base' F80/F82). So there is precedent for this in the current UK product line.
Appreciate 0