12-02-2021, 12:18 AM   #5
mlc50
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
How did it go! Did the track bug bite you?! I track my F80 M3 CS quite often, but I just ordered an M4 that hopefully will get here in a few months. How did the G80 do?

I try to stay away from Xtremespeed. They are on the cheaper end, which means they have a higher attendance and more traffic on track. Speed Ventures, Speed District are good organizers with a lower car count.

Fast Toys and Driven By Apex are two of my favorites with very low car counts. Tons of seat time at all their events! So far I've done probably 6 or 7 track days with them including Laguna Seca 105db. They have another one coming up at Big Willow on 12/10!

https://www.drivenbyapex.com/events/.../10/big-willow

Also check out ADAMS MOTORSPORTS PARK on Friday nights where they have TIME ATTACK. I try to go once or twice a month. Fairly cheap and really fun and not so much wear and tear on the car as a track day. It's basically 9 laps a session on a small track.
They do the timing and you get to have some friendly competition against all the other drivings. Very casual, no pressure, very friendly! Not too many F8X or G8X's either, it would be fun to see more of us out there! Saturday is DRIFT NIGHT too if you're interested.

Me at Adams:

Me at Laguna Seca:
Will check it out! Thanks for the recs. And to answer your question definitely enjoyed the track day, but I think it's probably too much car for me to track right now. My ability is nowhere near what the car is capable of so I'm thinking I would probably just get a Miata or something if I wanted to track seriously.