Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post

Uh, please ignore those who made fun of you about Coding in a different thread. I'm definitely Coding my G82, because like you, I like the personalized experience of ownership. Hec, and I want my passengers to be able to watch videos while I'm driving.

So, yes, pulling out the cable and will be diving in when I get my car, since it seems like the G20 and G82 share the same basic electronics. I prefer using the cable, simply because it's faster...especially when I'm in Expert Mode. Hec, I come from the days of Coding my F82 using my laptop and the Esys system. It's made so much easier these days.
I haven't touched coding since 2018 on my F87. Good to hear it's getting easier. Got a good place to start for me to catch up? I'm not even 100% sure my PC is going to boot up it's been so long

I tried the Carly app on my friends 328 wagon (I got the adaptor and subscription as a gift) and it caused all sorts of weird issues and we wound up having to revert back to stock. I much prefer knowing the exact key value pairs I'm messing with, in what order, and having a pristine snapshot before starting.

Toggling off ASD will be a big thing. I know people say they like it on the G8x vs previous but there are times when I want zero audible distractions.
Appreciate 0