04-28-2021, 01:58 PM   #71
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Uh, please ignore those who made fun of you about Coding in a different thread. I'm definitely Coding my G82, because like you, I like the personalized experience of ownership. Hec, and I want my passengers to be able to watch videos while I'm driving.

So, yes, pulling out the cable and will be diving in when I get my car, since it seems like the G20 and G82 share the same basic electronics. I prefer using the cable, simply because it's faster...especially when I'm in Expert Mode. Hec, I come from the days of Coding my F82 using my laptop and the Esys system. It's made so much easier these days.
The process has gotten pretty plug&play the last few years. I was using the iCarley app for both my 335is and my F82, and it was fine for simple things like the door locks, mirrors folding, etc. It didn't have more complex coding like the anti-dazzle headlights for the F82 when I last tried I few years ago.

I'll likely hold off on any coding until I'm closer to out of warranty and coders are comfortable with the G8X ECUs. I never like changing anything too complex that may cause issues or get wiped in a software update and then I have to do all over again if I'm getting warranty work done.
Appreciate 0