Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
I would encourage you guys to check out other G series coding forums. G20, G05, and others are able to decode 5AP. I love the anto-dazzle feature on my US G20.

As others have said, depending on where you live, you may never use or be able to notice the laser lights. I have family out in the rural areas, and that is the main time I see the lasers on.

Also, we have compared US and ECE headlight coding numerous times, and no one (myself included) found any changes for output/brightness. The North America headlights are physically different than the rest of the world. IF there is an output difference for the lasers, it's in the hardware.
Does your US-spec car have the lens shutters, then? I made the mistake of removing the anti-dazzle decode on my F87 but learned the US spec lights are different and it wound up not working all that well and blinding other traffic. (It would sorta work, but didn't get the nicely defined light edges that my buddy's F82 did)

I got made fun of in another post asking about coding for the G8x cars so I've almost given up asking. But do you see a bit of commonality from the G2x that might carry over?

Coding is one of my favorite aspects of BMW ownership and I've dug pretty deep into each series of car I've owned up until this point but it has all been based on guidance from others...
Appreciate 0