View Single Post
      01-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #22
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA64LIFE View Post
Could you elaborate a bit more on this? In what way does the Macan GTS feel similar to the M2C and GT4? I've been considering the Macan GTS, M4C, and Cayman GTS. Also, for context I own a 2022 Tesla Model S and 128i M-Sport.
The steering precision / feel of the Macan GTS reminds me of the GT4. More so than the M2C, but we all know how modern BMWs steering feel is lacking. Although, I did drive a '21 M3C the other day and I have to say, it feels better than the M2C. Also the ride quality of my GT4 is actually better than a stock M2C in some regards. Hard to believe, but it is true...leaf springs, ask others who have experienced both

You will also be surprised at the agility of the Macan in the twisties. When people say this SUV drives like a sports car, you really understand why. Manages weight incredibly well and feels like my M2C on the same roads, not going too crazy but still pushing it.

Unfortunately, in today's market it is hard to find a M3 or Macan GTS to test drive back to back. So here are my thoughts...both vehicles are incredible.

However, if you want to own that one car, the M3 does have the M appeal that everyone should experience or you will be left wanting at a later point. This can be said with Porsches and their GT cars. However, after you have experienced M, and have other more performance oriented cars. You go back to wanting something a little more refined, while retaining great driving dynamics. I for one want a better riding car to balance my GT4. Therefore, I went with the Macan GTS. Also, if you care about outright shove, like in your Tesla, the M3 will give you that in spades compared to a GTS.

Car choices are so personal and it depends on what you will have left in the garage / what will be replaced. It is tailored to your specific situation. I can say one thing and I guarantee you someone else will say I am out of my mind, how could I possibly compare a M3 vs. a Macan GTS. And we would both be correct depending on where we're coming from, how we will use the car and what other cars do we have in the garage
GTS Daddy374.00