05-07-2021, 04:51 PM   #72
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Not according to MotorTrend. According to them the G80 is very close to the 911 in speed and feel.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/bmw/...-drive-review/
A German youtube from their largest motorsports magazine tested an M4 Comp against a 911 S
The 992 was .4 quicker to 60, but only .2 in the 1/4. 4th, 5th and 6th gear 60 punches: in 4th and 5th, the M4 left it for dead--and this was the S. In 6th, low rpm obviously, it steadily walked away from the Porsche. German mag (in German, actually), no ax to grind. The rear engine gave it the jump; by 100 or so, the advantage started shrinking. Punches? M4 clear winner. It will leave a non-S in the weeds from the start. To say it doesn't match up very well with a Porsche--which would have stickered for at least $130k--or ~ $50k over what mine cost, is simply incorrect. The same result would happen against a C8. As to their only knock--the grill, if BMW came out with it first, it would be offsetting. But Lexus has had them for years--and look far worse, now down market to Toyotas. So has Audi, although theirs is much better looing than Lexus. Personally, I liked it from the start, and like it more every time I look at it.
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11490.00
02M3ForMe4261.50