Quote:
Originally Posted by AYounglove10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
Quote:
a Turo PowerHost as a side business
have to ask...what is a Turo PowerHost? Quick google search revealed you rent your car out?
Going through the Turo numbers for M4's in AZ, average is about $250/day for MY 2015/2016. Figure OP is charging over $300 per day. 4 days per month rental pays for the financing payment.
You're about spot on with that.

I put my rates a bit lower than you might expect. Name of the game is days rented, not daily rate.

I historically have only a 30% vacancy rate, i.e. 30% days not renter. Some months more, some months less. Just average numbers.

So if you do the math, $245/day for my car (again, priced very competitive, but still worthwhile rate), x20 days a month. Minus cost, depreciation, insurance, maintenance, you still come out a sizable profit on a single vehicle.
We're internet sleuths on Bimmerpost. I edited my post as I found your Turo posting, https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/un...rchId=7VVSeMeO

Leasing I would never take that risk. What prevents someone from tracking the s**t out of the car and/or drifting the h*l out of it, that you need to replace the tires?
There's nothing preventing anyone from doing anything, at the end of the day. The car is protected with insurance directly from Turo (they offer multiple tiers of protection for Hosts).

There's also nothing inherently wrong with driving the car with intent. If excess tire wear or an engine light comes on during the trip, then thorough pre/post trip photos comes in to save the day. I file a claim and the issue gets resolved.

We all drive our cars the way they're meant to be driven. Other people will as well. Cars are built to withstand it.