View Single Post
      02-20-2022, 04:06 PM   #20
ibmc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp G82 RWD

I say do the M Performance package!

I had a 2018 M4 Competition and attended the M school in Thermal Ca. about 10 months after purchase.

I used a credit card points to get a flight into Palms springs, and rented a car. The hotel was absolutely first rate. Drove to Thermal the next morning and we had a blast in18 BMW's (their )tires, gas, engines etc..at the time 6 M2's, 6 M3's, and 6 M4's, for about 6-7 hours. You learn a lot, and do things you should never do on a public road. Good lunch. You get some bling, and there are small awards for best times for a couple events. And a hot lap with a pro-instructor/driver (they are all pro's). My favorite item from the bling was a BMW cap you can only get there, or on eBay.

It's a lot of work to drive that way for day, but a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Is it worth is? Up to you. It was to me. I agree that a car should go full speed without having to pay, but it is what it is. I did it for both the
'just in case I find the opportunity to go full speed" and the car's value if I have to sell it, which I do not plan on doing. And bragging I guess.

Afterward the day at the track, I drove back to the hotel, cleaned up, and went to an amazing Mexican restaurant for a good dinner.

Bring your wife/husband/GF/BF and let them either come with you to the track (if they are into cars) or stay at the hotel and relax by the pool.

Excited to get my Black M4 Comp, coming soon!
Attached Images

Last edited by ibmc; 02-20-2022 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13476.00