01-21-2021, 04:55 PM   #158
Mospeada
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Front and rear tires have different desired characteristics. In general terms, front tires will have a more rounded contact patch to favour turn-in response and steering feedback while rear tires have a squarer contact patch to favour traction. There are all sorts of other different parameters too such as sidewall stiffness of water evacuation characteristics to name just these. You also need to factor the wheel width the tire was designed for.

There is no direct way of knowing if a tire is a front or rear application, you need to research what is the vehicle application for the specific tire to find out.
that is crazy. why would bmw do that, it costs them more money to do that also. so you're saying i should get M4 GTS tires for my wheels, and front star rated for front only or just get a normal black sidewall in that size?

i have 763M wheels 19" combo for M2 and use it on my M4. i used up 245 cup2 very quickly, moved the rear 265 to front and got 285 for the rear. I track 10 times a year, and now I got the new DT1 cup2 for front... so far i can't tell the difference on street, i may not track it then and find something else. or just get a normal black sidewall cup2 instead. hmm
Appreciate 0