Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mospeada View Post
i use cup2 on my car and recently got 265/35 cup2 and saw that they have new DT1 (different tread 1) and tire rating of 240!!! that's crazy. and it's bmw star. i looked everywhere and found that 245/35 is also DT1 240 rating. so that's whats going to be on M2 wheels . i do not see 285/35 or 285/30 offered in DT1 yet. maybe they will. then i saw this vid and one of the large ass tire has to be 285 rear on this new M car. so that tells me 285 DT1 star rated tire is coming. i think it's awesome that cup2 is getting upgraded . i'm a big fan of cup2 and was going to switch to S007A, i prolly will anyway becuase of cost difference and so many tires i go through each year
Be wary, that 265/35R19 PSC2 you mention is the REAR tire for the M2cs and SHOULD NOT be used on the front axle of the M3/4.

For some reason BMW chose the imprecise star designation for all their specific tires. Other manufacturers choose to use a combination of numbers and letters which makes it clearer what specific vehicle application the tires were designed for.
wow why is that!?? I didn't know. yea no way to tell f it's for front or rear then
Appreciate 0