Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Reading is fundamental. Unfortunately BMW has contradicting info on their website.

The CURRENT CPO (changed last year) actually extend the EW out to 60 months (5 Years).

The CPO can run over 12 months IF THE CAR IS CERTIFIED (Inspected) prior to the expiration of the 4 Year/50,000 mike Warranty. See the above for sliding under the wire.

I say currently as there is thought that this was not what BMW intended, but just as people look for loopholes once tax law is passed, this appears to be a loophole found in the new CPO policy.

As you stated, The original warranty can expire early if 50,000 miles are reached prior to the 48th month. However, the CPO will kick in then through the 60th month (if car was CPO'd prior to 50,000 miles), However, unlike you stated (as I did originally)the CPO currently can last several years, depending on when the car hits 50,000 miles.

Actually, the CPO could last longer than 60 months after in service date if car is sold as CPO after 4 Year/50,000 mile Warranty has expired. The CPO will kick in for an additional 12 months.

The CPO is a far different thing from the Original Warranty, as you noted.

As most know the CPO requires a deductible PER INCIDENT, not per service. So don't think I'll just save them up and do them at the same time to save money.

And it is far more limited in nature than the Original Warranty (cosmetics and any maintenance items are not covered).

You can SMH all you want, but BMW has contradictory info currently on their website and getting the correct answer with all the correct details isn't easy sailing.....as I witnessed first hand. There are gotchas all along the way.
I totally understand what you are saying. I just think when people read things they get caught up with the "advertising language" that BMW added to make the CPO look more enticing.. People see the "4Years" But they miss the "50,000 miles" part.

BMW Certified Pre-Owned

WARRANTY

Every exceptional Certified Pre-Owned BMW comes with a protection plan designed to give you the ultimate peace of mind.

BMW Certified Pre-Owned: Covers you for 1 year with unlimited vehicle miles, after the expiration of the 4-year / 50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid only in the U.S.A. including Puerto Rico) for a total of 5 years / Unlimited vehicle miles. 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance is included. Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle's coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

I pasted the statement from the BMW website. The line that confuses people is "for a total of 5 years" The bottom line is once the 4 yr New is over, you get 1 year of CPO coverage.
But, as noted in example above, once the 50,000 miles is up, you can get the remaining 60 months covered by CPO, regardless of if that's 12 months or 30 months, as long a car was CPO Inspected for CPO eligibility prior to 50,000 mile mark.

And CPO sucks compared to original 4 Year/50,000 mile warranty.
Appreciate 0