View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 09:57 PM   #47
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
Chiming in with a minority perspective. The DRL aesthetic of laserlights over standard LEDs is nice, but I care mainly about function. I'll code the anti-dazzle function as soon as I'm able. (OBDLink CX is currently unavailable, with no ETA.)

When I leave home in the morning, it's pitch black for miles, and deer are everywhere. The longer and brighter the light beam, the better. So far I've not noticed much improvement from our X5's LED high beams to the M4's LEDs with laserlights. The M4 may have longer range but doesn't seem any brighter nor have any better spread.

Deer can blend into background flora extremely well, they move incredibly fast when they want, and they're dumb as rocks. Only a frightened squirrel is less predictable in its movements. I drive near the speed limit (or below) mainly to reduce my braking distance in spots where I know deer reside or move about.

If anyone else drives in total darkness for miles at a time, and has had a different experience, I'm all ears -- or eyes.
Lucky, I had anti-dazzle coded into my car, and it transforms night driving. I live in a suburban area, so the roads are likely not as pitch dark as yours, but when I've been on my fair share of desolate, dark roads in my G82. And I can attest to how well the anti-dazzle works. The LEDs actively move around to avoid blinding others, and the LEDs of course shine pretty far ahead when on full brightness. And they shine well into the trees, so you can clearly see the woods on both sides of a 2-lane road. I also had it coded on my F82, and I loved it then as well...though the G82s LEDs are brighter with longer reach.

So I wouldn't wait for OBDLinx. I'd simply use a direct ethernet connection like I did. And if you have any issue coding it, contact Almaretto. He coded mine remotely, from one coast to another...and it transformed night driving for me. It's one of my favorite options.
Appreciate 3
Llarry16033.00