Thread: Laserlights
View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 07:40 PM   #45
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Chiming in with a minority perspective. The DRL aesthetic of laserlights over standard LEDs is nice, but I care mainly about function. I'll code the anti-dazzle function as soon as I'm able. (OBDLink CX is currently unavailable, with no ETA.)

When I leave home in the morning, it's pitch black for miles, and deer are everywhere. The longer and brighter the light beam, the better. So far I've not noticed much improvement from our X5's LED high beams to the M4's LEDs with laserlights. The M4 may have longer range but doesn't seem any brighter nor have any better spread.

Deer can blend into background flora extremely well, they move incredibly fast when they want, and they're dumb as rocks. Only a frightened squirrel is less predictable in its movements. I drive near the speed limit (or below) mainly to reduce my braking distance in spots where I know deer reside or move about.

If anyone else drives in total darkness for miles at a time, and has had a different experience, I'm all ears -- or eyes.
Appreciate 4
Mac Daddy340.00
Llarry16028.50
dimab0233.50