No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supra View Post
Just signed for my csl yesterday. Unfortunately was not able to get plates until Monday. This was a dealer specd allocation. AW, Graphic Delete, M-Bucket Seats.

A couple of things I'm working on.

There is a strip kit available to purchase. I plan on doing so and offering with the car if ever sold.

I'm looking into swapping for the full bucket seats as I will be using the car mostly for promotional and track use.

If anyone is interested in the power seats for their full buckets I can facilitate the transport/shipping or meet you.

Other than that the car is amazing! I have been calling all dealerships for the last 3-4 weeks and just got lucky a few days ago. Called as it was coming off of the truck one morning, not allocated and for MSRP. I stopped what I was doing and put a deposit on it within the hour. They said it was the fastest a car has ever sold after coming off the truck. Very lucky and excited to bring our expertise from the b58 platform over to the s58.
Congrats! An unallocated MSRP CSL is pretty rare. As far as the full buckets, I think you are going to have to order those. Absolutely no one who specced a car with the full buckets will be swapping (at least not anyone on BP), I'm pretty confident saying that.

It seems a pretty good chunk of dealers specced their car accidentally with the power seats. I wouldn't be surprised if only 50% of the US CSLs are full buckets (which would be around 120 cars if the full allocation is 240).

BMW might yet make a replacement manual bucket performance part for a version of these seats. But I wouldn't be surprised if the replacement part cost for a set of 2 is 30-40k.
Appreciate 0