01-13-2022, 12:34 AM   #3
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I have finally began the marathon by adding my name to multiple G80 MSRP waitlists.

Cars have always been a part of my life and i ended up having my career in the automotive industry. Covid gave me an opportunity to consolidate my vehicles and have an opportunity to own a M car which was always a dream from my childhood. I sold both my vehicles last spring and got a proper family hauler. After a long search, I was able to snag one the last F87 allocations with a nearby dealer for a decent discount. After test driving one, the vehicle was too small for our needs and liking and i cancelled the order immediately. On the same day, that dealer got a G80 in their inventory. Vehicle was not cleaned and it was parked in their fenced lot. I knew that was the vehicle as soon as i saw it. I was not ready to pull the trigger at that point as i wanted to see if the market would cool down as no one knew what was going to happen in the near future.

Last fall, BMW organized the M track day in Indianapolis Motor Speedway and i signed it up as soon as i got to know about the event. Several of my friends came along with me and we had a blast during the entire event. I had an opportunity to explore and experience the capabilities of the G80 and it was super fun even though the seat time was limited.

I have been maintaining a database of dealers who sold vehicles at a good discount from last year. But in the current market, getting an allocation at MSRP might be a decent deal. I dont need this vehicle immediately and was planning to get one towards the end of G80 lifecycle. But MSRP is going to increase with every MY and also i dont prefer the iDrive 8 which might come in with MY23. OEMs are adding more and more tech into their vehicles and i prefer having less tech as i am planning to keep this vehicle for a while.

I contacted several dealers this week and narrowed down a few with whom i am comfortable working with. I added my name in several dealers waitlists yesterday who were selling vehicles at MSRP. I am number one in with two dealers and number two with another. Some of them get frequent allocations while others dont. I might contact more dealers in the coming weeks and add my name to their waitlists as well. I am in no hurry to take delivery but i will not add a G80 to the garage if i dont get a MY22 and if MY23 gets iDrive 8. I might pull the plug if BMW decides to remove any of the options which i consider to be a must.

I know its going to be a long marathon. In the end, its not the destination but the journey which matters and i am looking forward.
I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
Appreciate 1
vj1233790.00