Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I always love reading how everybody is jumping to a Porsche, but few actually ever do (...props to the few that have). After all, for as long as I've been on BMW forums, that phenomenon has existed. It's just fodder. The sticker shock jumping from an M to the equivalent P-Car is mind blowing. I personally wouldn't want anything less than a GT2/3, otherwise I'll stick to M's.
I feel most people get the best car they can afford, usually. You don't buy an M4 because you like it better than a GT3! If you need 4 doors then I get it. If you can afford a GT3 your most likely buying that right off the jump. Why would you even look at the BMW? If you could afford a 458/488 Ferrari you get that and not the Porsche. I always like having 2 cars. I could do a GT3 for what I have in my 2 cars combined, but not what I like to do.
I agree, which is why I chuckle at the comments. Outside of familial needs, as you've already mentioned, if one can buy the P-Car from day one, they usually do. I know if I could afford a new 6MT GT3, I would not be in a BMW. The people claiming they'll leave almost never do. There's this threat of mass exodus every new iteration of M.
Appreciate 0