10-10-2022, 01:30 AM   #38
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I still want an official answer and charging steps.
This is of no help to your request for an official answer and charging steps but just a reference point to how another model relates (or not).

First of all, I'm a BMW newby, took delivery of my very first BMW at the end of August, a '22 Z4 30i (B46TU engine).

Recently, I was surprised to discover my Z4 has a second battery (and it's only used in the 30i Z4 variant, not M40, though also used in many other BMW models). In addition to the 80a AGM in the trunk, it has an LG Li-Ion 10Ah, 132Wh, 13.2v battery that looks similar to your battery and is located in a similar location in the engine compartment. It's been challenging to find info on this but apparently BMW calls it a dual storage system, suggesting it may be significantly different than your mild hybrid system. FWIW, both my NOCO 5 and NOCO 10 work as expected. I ran across the following document in a separate forum describing the dual storage system which I believe came from https://bmwtechinfo.bmwgroup.com:

Attachment 3004079

Perhaps you can find something on your MHT at that site though sadly there is a fee to access it.
Appreciate 0