View Single Post
      05-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #37
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82M4Brooke View Post
... but that clutch has me cursing out loud while driving.
LOL, let us know when BMW lets you take a peak at the source code. I used to be a programmer, so maybe I could make some suggestions.

Actually, I was talking with another manager here this morning about self-driving/automation in cars, and how neither one of us like it or trust it. I said, "yes, that's because you know too many programmers!"

OK, anyway... the clutch. The solution is simple, as noted above, just order the E90/E92 clutch slave cylinder. It's like $90 last I checked. Search the F87 (M2) forum if you want more info on it.

If you are a DIY/shadetree mechanic, you can do it yourself. I've removed CDVs in the past myself, and I am at best, an incompetent mechanic with many broken and missing parts after I do something. And yet I've done this two or three times, and the car still worked.

If you can't do it yourself, it shouldn't be more than an hour of labor for any decent shop.

The only way it's going to void your warranty is if the clutch fails, then they will likely refuse to cover it. The odds of a clutch failure is pretty low. Heck, if it does happen, just put the old slave in there before you tow the car to the dealer.

Like I wrote above, I hate it too, but I am getting used to it. I'm not going to change just because I'm lazy to do it and too cheap to pay a shop. And my biggest stock holding is tanking today, so I'm feeling sorry for myself.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1