07-30-2022, 03:41 PM   #40
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llarry View Post
As owner of a '21 Macan GTS and a '22 M3 (RWD 6-sp) I would offer a couple of comments:
-- I found the macanforum.com welcoming -- not much Porsche snobbery there.
-- While the '23 GTS is a great vehicle, I think the '23 S -- at a lower price point -- has much to offer. Youtuber Nick Murray has just posted a comparison of '23 S and GTS and claims the difference in power is mostly "brochure horsepower" e.g., marketing malarkey. The S probably needs a couple of spendy options (notably air suspension) to be competitive.
-- On the subject of interior room, I don't find the Macan to be that much roomier than the M3. Of course the hatchback is handier that the M3's trunk.
When you prefaced by saying you owned both M3 and Macan GTS, I was eagerly waiting to read your real world everyday driving experience between the 2. After all, that's the entire point of this thread, what the OP wanted to know.

But, instead, you praise macanforum.com, commented about a youtuber's thoughts of Macan S vs. GTS, and your only comment between the GTS and M was about interior dimensions. I mean, can you elaborate further on the comparison part, or else why even bother?
Appreciate 0